We never want our work to be a detriment to the people or the world around us and we always ensure that we operate in a considerate manner.
It’s easy to take this world, and the opportunities it presents for travel, for granted. We do what we can to make sure that it stays around for many more generations to enjoy.
- We have been a carbon-neutral company since 2011, having achieved the Carbon Neutral PA 2060 Standard.
- We achieved the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard in 2008 and have maintained this certification ever since.
- We minimise environmental impacts through eco-friendly processes, recycling 80% of our office waste, providing season ticket loans to staff to encourage use of public transport, supplying low-emission vehicles to staff when car travel is the only option, installing energy-efficient equipment into our offices, and using products with a high recycled content wherever these are available.
- We work with local DMCs and suppliers to ensure that money is circulating into the local community and not leaking out to multinational corporations
- Our website hosting is 100% carbon neutral. The data centre where our dedicated server resides achieved the BSI PAS 2060 Carbon Neutral standard in 2010. They are involved in a number of hydro-power renewable energy schemes to generate their own clean energy.
Helping our clients achieve sustainability
There are several ways that we empower our clients to reduce their impact on the environment:
- Where possible, rail options are offered as an alternative to flying
- We offer coach travel to specific European destinations. For smaller groups, we can organise coach-sharing with other groups in the area to reduce carbon footprint
- Through quarterly MI reporting, clients have visibility of their CO2 emissions and miles travelled
- We can offer relevant UK itineraries as an alternative to overseas trips
- Our Educational Development Execs can advise bookers to steer field trips away from honeypot tourist traps, giving a more authentic experience to students
- Field trips based around charity/environmental/conservation work are all part of our portfolio, from working on an elephant conservation project in Thailand to organising eco projects in Costa Rica
At Diversity Study Trips, we’re able to do what we love in a safe environment. However, we know that there are many others who aren’t so fortunate. We try to help by undertaking charitable and fundraising activities at both an individual and organisational level.
- We support local charities throughout the year with various fundraising activities
- Many of our staff undertake charity work
- We support clients where we can with donations of time and money