Cultural Trips To Lisbon
We’ll help plan a trip itinerary for your cultural study trip to Lisbon, Portugal. With so many places to visit in Lisbon, it’s an ideal educational trip.
Educational trip to Lisbon
Flaky pastries, waterfront museums, flower-laden windowsills and ancient castles – who wouldn’t love a study trip to Lisbon? Get lost in cobbled streets and riveting exhibitions as you give your students a cultural experience like no other. Create a travel itinerary that’s perfectly suited to your study group and leave them hungry for more (and no, we’re not just talking about the pasteis!).
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After you’ve settled into your accommodation, waste no time in getting to know this picturesque coastal city! Feel the sun warming your shoulders as you enjoy the views of Lisbon on an open-top bus tour, or discover the streets of the city with a customised walking tour for your group.
- For the best end to your day, follow the cobbled streets up to São Jorge Castle. You’ll get jaw-dropping views from the top and your students will be able to catch their breaths with a photo shoot (or three).
- Satisfy any sweet tooths this morning by heading to Belém, where you’ll get to taste the world-famous Pasteis de Belém served fresh from the monastery that created them. While you’re there, admire sights such as the Padrão dos Descobrimentos monument, the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and the Torre de Belém, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Once you’re full on pastries and sightseeing, make your way to MAAT (Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology). Inside this stunning building, your students can explore the ways in which we imagine, create and inhabit our world. It’s a real cultural journey!
- Wake up early and cherish the early-morning sun – there’s still plenty left to see! Make your way to the Parques das Nacões area for your first stop, where you can visit the Oceanarium and see the spectacular array of fish and marine life.
- Head south into the city centre for an afternoon exploring the São Jorge Castle. Walk around this majestic 11th-century citadel and take in the view of the city once again – there’s always time for another photo!
- Channel your inner Indiana Jones and check out the National Archaeology Museum, where you’ll see some astounding ancient art and fragments of the past. If you’d prefer, take a trip to the National Tile Museum – a celebration of the famous Portuguese Azulejo ceramic tiles that adorn houses across Lisbon and the world.
- Wander through the quaint streets while you still have time, then grab your bags and head to the airport. Remember to dip into a bakery for one last Pastel de Belém before you board!
- 3-day study trip to Lisbon, Portugal
- From £299
- Highlights: city bus tour or guided walking tour, Oceanarium, National Tile Museum, Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology
- Overseas airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Evening river cruise
- National Museum of Natural History and Science
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.