Geography Trips To Edinburgh
Visit Edinburgh – the ideal educational trip for Geography and Tourism study groups! Choose the perfect travel itinerary for your UK study trip.
Educational trip to Edinburgh
It has a castle, dungeons, underground streets… oh, and it’s built around a dormant volcano. It doesn’t get much more exciting than Edinburgh! We can help you create an epic study trip to this capital city, which is the prime destination for a Geography or Tourism field trip. Just choose the best travel itinerary for you and Diversity Study Trips will do the rest!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After dropping off your bags, it’s time to hop onto an open-top sightseeing tour bus to kick off your visit! Enjoy the wind in your hair as you drive through Old and New Town, taking in the panoramic views of the landscape around the city.
- Next, stretch your legs and climb to the top of Calton Hill, where more stunning views await! This UNESCO World Heritage Site boasts a collection of historic monuments, such as the National Monument – inspired by the Parthenon in Athens!
- After an evening meal, delve into the Royal Mile’s labyrinth of underground streets with a tour of The Real Mary King’s Close. Watch the fascination on your students’ faces as they listen to the stories, myths and legends of the past 400 years. Why not opt for an award-winning evening ghost tour too? It is one of the most haunted places in Scotland after all…
- Pull on your hiking boots and get ready for a day of walking… and what better way to begin your morning than on a volcanic plug in the middle of the city? Starting on the Castle Esplanade on top of Castle Rock, wander down the historic Royal Mile and stop at Gladstone’s Land, a 17th-century tenement house offering a glimpse into life 500 years ago.
- Meander down the Royal Mile – take your pick of the free museums along the way! – until you reach the impressive Holyrood Palace. A quick turn left and you’ll be greeted by the architectural spectacle that is the Scottish Parliament building.
- Undoubtedly one of the highlights of your trip will be your next stop: Dynamic Earth. This 5-star adventure takes you through the stages of our planet, from the Big Bang to the uncomfortable truths of global warming. The attraction is part of the National STEM Engagement Campaign, so be sure to check out the array of engaging events for students!
- Grab a bite to eat before tackling the climb up to Arthur’s Seat – an extinct volcano and one of the most iconic places in Edinburgh. Looming 251m above sea level, your efforts will be rewarded with 360-degree views of Edinburgh and the surrounding peaks. Let your students catch their breath while seizing the unrivalled photo ops at the highest point in the city!
- Less climbing today but just as much excitement! Catch the local bus to Leith, an area that’s undergone massive regeneration. Once the bustling port of Edinburgh, Leith is now brimming with curio shops, galleries and a plethora of cafés, restaurants and bars. Don’t forget to check out the new waterfront, where you’ll find the award-winning Royal Yacht Britannia. This really is one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Europe!
- If you have time, Edinburgh has plenty more to offer. Spend the afternoon in Princes Street Gardens, wander through the Georgian streets of New Town, brave the Edinburgh Dungeons or enter a world of discovery at the National Museum of Scotland. The options are endless! Your students will be sad to leave this city behind when it’s finally time to head home.
- 3-day study trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- From £234
- Highlights: Dynamic Earth, Arthur’s Seat, Calton Hill, Gladstone’s Land, Leith walking tour, city sightseeing tour, The Real Mary King’s Close tour
- Flights/Rail or coach (dependent on point of origin)
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Evening ghost walking tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons
- Edinburgh Castle
- Camera Obscura
- Holyrood Palace
- National Museum of Scotland
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.