Choose a Geography or Tourism study trip to Florence, Italy! Experience the city, cuisine and culture of Florence with a great travel itinerary.
Educational trip to Florence
Thinking about a study trip abroad for your Geography or Tourism students? Florence might be the one for you! Your students will be fully absorbed into the city’s charming culture, awe-inspiring architecture and spectacular landscape – and the gelato is a bonus too! Create memories that’ll last a lifetime with a field trip to Florence.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Drop your bags at your accommodation, grab your water bottles and make your way into the heart of beautiful Florence!
- You’ll begin your trip at the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Spend some time marvelling at the jaw-dropping exterior, then head inside to climb the steps of the Duomo. The walk to the top is quite tiring, but you’ll be greeted with panoramic views of Florence at the top. Once you make it back down again, it’s definitely time for your first gelato of the trip!
- Prepare for a big day ahead! Wake yourselves up with a guided walking tour, which will introduce you to the big tourist hotspots of the city. Your guide will leave you at the Palazzo Vecchio and the Piazza Della Signoria, an ancient square which has been at the centre of Florence’s political life since the 14th century. It was even the original location of Michelangelo’s David!
- After finding somewhere for lunch (authentic Italian pizza, anyone?), pop into the Uffizi Gallery and tour the impressive collections of art at your leisure. Once you’ve had your fill of masterpieces for the day, slow things down with a meander through the quintessential Italian streets. You’ll need to make some vital gelato stops along the way!
- After dinner, experience a darker side to Florence with a walking ghost tour. All will be revealed about the city’s gruesome history and sinister characters of the past. Sleep well!
- Make your way to the Mercato Centrale for a culinary adventure to start your morning! Housed in a 19th-century iron and glass building, the market is teeming with stalls selling produce from all over Italy, as well as a food hall and outdoor stands selling leather goods and other souvenirs. Get ready to practice your bargaining skills!
- Grab one of Florence’s unrivalled paninis, then head back over the bustling Ponte Vecchio and up to the Boboli Gardens. Enjoy your lunch overlooking the city and relaxing in your serene surroundings. Once you’re feeling suitably rested, walk over to the Piazzale Michelangelo for some of the best cinematic views of Florence. The photos will be stunning up here, but you won’t need them to remember this particular visit.
- If you can, have a final wander around the city before you say goodbye and get on your coach to the airport. There’s one more stop though – your trip to Italy wouldn’t be complete without seeing the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Snap some essential shots with this iconic landmark (make sure you perfect those poses!) then continue on your return journey. What a trip it’s been!
- 4-day study trip to Florence, Italy
- From £289
- Highlights: Leaning Tower of Pisa, evening ghost walking tour, Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens, guided walking tour, Uffizi Gallery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
- Overseas transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Galleria dell’Accademia
- Galleria d’Arte Moderna
- Museo del Bargello
- Palazzo Vecchio
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.