Geography Trips To Barcelona
Plan a Geography field trip to Barcelona! See iconic landmarks, visit Montserrat Natural Park & learn how tourism shapes the city with a fun trip itinerary.
Educational trip to Barcelona
Barcelona may be known for its quirky architecture, unfinished basilica and tasty tapas, but it’s also a haven for anyone interested in Geography! One day you’ll be walking between volcanoes, the next you’ll be discovering the influence of sports on Barcelona’s tourism. Combine physical and human geography in a packed school trip itinerary. Don’t worry – there’ll still be time to sample some tapas!
Geography Study Trips to Barcelona
Geography study trips to Barcelona provide a rich experience for your students, whether it’s learning about the geography of Spain and the local area, or looking at the art and design of the beautiful city crafted by the world’s most renowned artists.
Or practice some language learning with your class by talking to local businesses in Spanish. Trips to Barcelona offer a wealth of unmissable learning opportunities for your class that will cement their knowledge.
Our range of trips to Barcelona includes:
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- It’s time to start exploring sunny Barcelona! First off, your students will head down to the city’s busy harbour on a Las Golondrinas boat trip. With the refreshing sea breeze whipping through your hair, it’s exactly the kind of introduction you need after your journey over here!
- You might be feeling a bit peckish after your boat tour, so enjoy a delicious evening meal as a group. It’s essential that you order some tapas at a local restaurant while you’re in Spain!
- Start your day at Montserrat Natural Park, which is situated 60km outside of the city centre. Once the coach has dropped you off, your students can admire the eroded limestone cliffs and mighty mountain ranges, otherwise known as ‘saw-tooth mountain’. The landscape here is unlike any other, so it’s guaranteed to astound everyone!
- Later that afternoon, head over to La Garrotxa Volcanic Park. There are over 40 volcanoes in the area, providing your group with a perfect example of volcanic terrain. With day two over, they’ll have experienced plenty of the geographical wonders scattered across this region!
- Onto some human geography today – your first stop is The Olympic Stadium. Your students will delve further into the topic of tourism, getting an idea of how the 1992 Olympics transformed Barcelona and imagining how it would have felt to walk out to the roaring crowds.
- Continue the theme of sports by venturing to Camp Nou, where you’ll have a behind-the-scenes tour of the huge stadium. It’s another great chance to see how sports can influence a city. Before you catch your flight home, make the most of your last few hours by visiting the iconic Sagrada Família and strolling through the Gothic Quarter. A perfect end to a perfect trip!
- 3-day study trip to Barcelona, Spain
- From £234
- Highlights: Las Golondrinas boat trip, Barcelona Port, Montserrat National Park, Garrotxa Volcanic Park, Olympic Stadium, Camp Nou, The Gothic Quarter, La Sagrada Família
- UK and overseas transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Montseny Natural Park
- Catalonia coastline
- Ebro Delta
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.