History & Politics Trips To Bay Of Naples
Plan your History study trip to the Bay of Naples! Fill your travel itinerary with visits to Vesuvius, Roman ruins & more for an exciting educational trip.
Educational trip to the Bay of Naples
Everyone’s heard of Mount Vesuvius and the catastrophic eruption of 79 A.D. – it’s what makes the history of this area so special! With a study trip to the Bay of Naples, your students will be transported back in time to the ancient Roman cities and towns that once flourished here. Make history tangible with a travel itinerary full of unforgettable experiences!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After ditching your bags, meet your tour guide for an introduction to Naples that’s far from ordinary… you’ll be venturing 40m below ground for an underground walking tour! Get lost (metaphorically, of course) in the labyrinth of caves and tunnels beneath the city, exploring things like ancient Roman aqueducts and old WWII air raid shelters. What a brilliant way to start your trip!
- Pull on your walking boots and set off early – you’ll be hiking up the majestic Mount Vesuvius! After leaving your footprints on this infamous volcano (and getting some stunning photos along the way), return to your coach and follow in the path of the mighty eruption of 79 A.D.
- You’ll head to the remains of Pompeii – once a thriving and sophisticated Roman city, now a World Heritage Site. The preserved area features excavated ruins of streets and houses to explore, allowing your students to imagine the sights, sounds and smells of the ancient city before it was engulfed in ash and pumice.
- Two more fantastic historic attractions today! Unleash your inner gladiator as you enter the ruins of the Flavian Amphitheatre in Pozzuoli – the third-largest Roman amphitheatre in Italy. Are you not entertained?!
- Next, hop on the coach to Herculaneum, where your students can once again walk among the ancient Roman ruins of a town destroyed by Mount Vesuvius. It’s hard to believe that this area was once the seaside destination for the Roman elite!
- If you have time, squeeze in one last visit to the Naples Archaeological Museum on route to the airport. Its impressive collection includes works from Greek, Roman and Renaissance times, as well as Roman artefacts excavated from nearby Pompeii and Herculaneum. If that’s not enough history for a four-day trip, we don’t know what is!
- 4-day study trip to the Bay of Naples, Italy
- From £455
- Highlights: Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Flavian Amphitheatre (Pozzuoli), Naples Archaeological Museum, Naples Underground Tour and Museum
- Return flights
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Day trip along the Amalfi coastline
- Day trip to Capri
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.