Take your History/Politics students on a field trip to Berlin. Dive into Berlin’s past with a great trip itinerary, from the Berlin Wall to the Holocaust.
Educational trip to Berlin
Berlin is a vibrant city, but the events of its past were often dark. Students will be sucked in by stories of people separated by the Berlin Wall, then touched by the experiences of the Jewish community during WW2. A school trip to Berlin will fully immerse your class in its history, while letting them enjoy its modern-day quirks, hip streets and (of course) delicious cuisine.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Touch down in Berlin and head straight to one of the most engaging pieces of history that the city has to offer: The Berlin Wall Memorial. Located along the former border separating East and West Berlin, this thought-provoking memorial will give students an idea of the imposing structure that tore families apart. In the evening, enjoy your first meal together in Berlin and try out the local cuisine. Currywurst, anyone?
- Get to know the city better with a guided walking tour, which will allow you to tick off major attractions like The Fernsehturm, Brandenburg Gate and The Reichstag Building. After walking around in the fresh air (and taking advantage of the countless photo opportunities!), visit the DDR Museum to really dive into Germany’s socialist past.
- Start your final day with a trip to the Jewish Memorial, one of the largest tributes to those who tragically lost their lives in the Holocaust. This is a sobering visit – one which will allow your students to learn more and reflect on events of the not-so-distant past.
- After lunch, stop off at the Checkpoint Charlie Museum. This symbol of separation and unity was the place of many escapes when the Berlin Wall was still standing, so be sure to snap some photos before making the journey to the airport.
- 3-day study trip to Berlin, Germany
- From £165
- Highlights: The Berlin Wall Memorial, The Fernsehturm, Brandenburg Gate, The Reichstag Building, DDR Museum, Jewish Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- Return flights
- Overseas airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Day trip to Potsdam
- Jewish Museum Berlin
- Stasi Prison
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.