History & Politics Trips To Dublin
Tailor your perfect study trip to Dublin. Engage students with an educational tour of Dublin and choose a travel itinerary that suits you.
Your trip to Dublin
If you’re looking for a city steeped in history and intrigue, then Dublin is for you! From castles and prisons to cemeteries and libraries, this capital city makes the ideal History or Politics field trip. Diversity Study Trips can tailor a travel itinerary just for you and create a trip to Dublin that your students are sure to remember!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- You’ll launch into your jam-packed itinerary in the heart of the old city! Dublinia allows visitors to travel back in time and learn more about Dublin’s Viking and Medieval past. What better way to introduce students to the city’s rich history than this?
- Once you’ve walked in the footsteps of Vikings, it’s time to visit Dublin Castle – a quick 4-minute walk down the road. This 13th-century fortress is truly a sight to behold! Students can enjoy exploring the impressive structure while learning about the key events that shaped the castle’s history.
- A packed lunch is in order today – you’ve got a lot of ground to cover! After hopping on your scheduled coach, you’ll be whisked to Glasnevin Cemetery Museum. Your students can walk among the graves of important figures in Irish history and be intrigued by stories of their lives.
- Next stop is Kilmainham Gaol – always a popular one among younger groups! The tour provides students with an eye-opening look into the history of this ominous former prison. Let them imagine what it would’ve felt like to be imprisoned within its grey walls alongside the Irish revolutionaries who filled its cells…
- It’s time to get back on the coach and head to The GPO Museum. Your group will soon be experts in the 1916 Easter Rising and other key events in Modern Irish History. The best part? They won’t even feel like they’re learning.
- Finish off your day with a trip to Trinity College Old Library. Your students will get to see The Book of Kells – a medieval manuscript that also happens to be one of the most famous books in the world.
- If you have time, EPIC: The Irish Immigration Museum is a must – there’s a reason it was voted Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2019 & 2020! This interactive experience will give your students a deeper understanding of the country and what it means to be Irish. It’ll definitely end your study trip to Dublin on a high!
- After mooching around trendy Temple Bar or doing some souvenir shopping on Grafton street, you’ll wave goodbye to the beautiful city before making your journey back home.
- 3-day study trip to Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- From £282
- Highlights: Visits to EPIC, Dublin Castle, Dublinia, Kilmainham Gaol, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Trinity College Book of Kells, The GPO Museum, guided walking tour
- Flights (overland/ferry transport can also be arranged)
- Overseas airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Open-top bus city tour
- The Guinness Storehouse
- Croke Park
- National Museum of Ireland
- 14 Henrietta Street Tour (Tenement living)
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.