History & Politics Trips To Edinburgh
Edinburgh is the prime city for a History or Politics educational trip. We’ll tailor the best travel itinerary for your UK study trip to Edinburgh.
Educational trip to Edinburgh
Oozing history, mystery and tales of the past, Edinburgh is a fantastic choice for your History or Politics Study Trip! Let your students fall in love with this unique capital city, which really does offer something for everyone. If you want to organise a UK study trip that’s full of excitement and insight, we can help you craft a travel itinerary that does just that!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- It’s time to explore the stunning capital of Scotland! Ditch your bags at your accommodation and get to know the city in the best way possible – on an open-top sightseeing bus tour!
- This should blow away the cobwebs before you make your next stop at The Real Mary King’s Close. This subterranean street will give your students a glimpse into how the occupants of the Old Town lived back in the 17th Century. Unsurprisingly, ghosts have been said to make an appearance down here… so why not brave an award-winning evening ghost tour too?
- There’s a lot to cram into your schedule today, and what better way to start than with a visit to the majestic Edinburgh Castle?
- Once you’ve taken in the impressive fortress, begin your stroll along the historic Royal Mile. Stop off at Gladstone’s Land – a towering 17th-century tenement house that’s been restored and furnished. Inside, your students will feel as though they’ve been transported back in time through its 400 years of history!
- Continue down the winding Royal Mile and take your pick of the many free museums along the way. One of these is The People’s Story Museum, which sheds light on the lives of Edinburgh’s working-class residents from the 18th to 20th century. Alternatively, push on until you get to Holyrood Palace, the Queen’s residence in Edinburgh. You’ll be wowed by the architectural splendour of the Scottish Parliament Building just to your right, which just so happens to be your final visit of this fantastic day.
- Wake up bright and early to savour your final day in the city! Take a trip to the stunning National Museum of Scotland, where your group will step into a realm of discovery as they explore the thousands of objects across the various galleries. It’s a real treat!
- Depending on your return journey, spend the afternoon in the slice of green that is Princes Street Gardens or wander around the beautiful Georgian streets of New Town. If you really want to end things with a bang, visit the chilling Edinburgh Dungeons – sure to leave a lasting impression!
- 3-day study trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- From £227
- Highlights: Edinburgh Castle, Scottish Parliament Building, National Museum of Scotland, Gladstone’s Land, city sightseeing tour, The Real Mary King’s Close tour
- Flights/Rail or coach (dependent on point of origin)
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Evening ghost walking tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons
- Camera Obscura
- Holyrood Palace
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.