History & Politics Trips To Krakow
Take a History or Politics study trip to Kraków, Poland! Travel back in time to life under Nazi rule with an unforgettable trip itinerary for Kraków.
Educational trip to Kraków
There are some lessons that simply can’t be taught inside the classroom alone. Luckily, you can take a study trip to Kraków! Beneath its gothic beauty, you’ll find a city steeped in history and harrowing tales of the past. With a tailored travel itinerary, your students will get a glimpse into life under Nazi rule and the devastating impact it had on so many people’s lives.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Off the plane and straight into your itinerary! You’ll begin with a guided walking tour of Kraków, where your guide will show you the striking landmarks of the city. Some of these include the magnificent Wawel Castle and Cathedral, the gothic St Mary’s Basilica and the Old Town’s Market Square – a UNESCO heritage site in itself!
- The tour will also introduce your students to some areas connected to the city’s dark past. One such place is the central square within the Podgorze district, where you’ll find a sobering memorial to the people who lived in the former Jewish ghetto.
- Today you’ll be visiting the notorious former concentration camp, Auschwitz. A guided tour will unveil the suffering and inhumane conditions that the Nazis inflicted on so many people during WWII. You’ll cover a lot of important themes during the tour of the camp and through the various exhibits displayed in the museum, so it’s a trip that’ll really give your students pause for thought.
- After delving into such heavy content, use the afternoon to explore more of Kraków’s Old Town and maybe sit in one of the city’s parks for some quiet reflection. After dinner, enjoy some lighter entertainment and get into the competitive spirit – how does an evening of bowling sound?
- Return to the Jewish Quarter to visit the Galicia Jewish Museum, where your group will see Jewish history from a whole new perspective! This museum challenges the potentially harmful stereotypes and misconceptions associated with Jewish history, so it’s definitely worth visiting if you have time. The museum can also arrange a Q&A session with a Holocaust survivor, making it an experience that your students won’t forget easily.
- For your final stop, make the 15-minute walk across the Vistula River to ‘Exhibition Kraków under Nazi Occupation 1939-45’, housed within Oskar Schindler’s Enamel Factory. The exhibition tells the story of Kraków’s inhabitants during WWII and how the arrival of Nazi Germans disturbed the city’s history of Polish-Jewish relations. Your students will have a lot to think about on their return journey home, and the lessons of this trip will stay with them long after your plane has touched down.
- 3-day study trip to Kraków, Poland
- From £330
- Highlights: Walking tour of Kraków and the Jewish Quarter, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Galicia Jewish Museum (with a Q&A with a holocaust survivor), ‘Kraków under Nazi Occupation’ exhibition (housed within Oskar Schindler’s former Enamel Factory building)
- Flights from UK regional airport
- Overseas transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Boat trip along the Vistula river
- Day trip to Wieliczka Salt Mines (if you can add another day to your itinerary)
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.