Craft an exciting field trip to Prague and dive into the city’s rich history. Start planning the perfect travel itinerary for your school trip to Europe.
Educational trip to Prague
There was never a dull moment in this city’s past! Let your students be fascinated by the twists and turns of Prague’s history, from ancient castles and medieval bridges to ornate palaces and WWII hiding spots. Bring the past to the present with a field trip to Prague and plan your school trip itinerary now!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Ditch your bags at your chosen accommodation and head straight to the water – you’ll be going on a cruise along the Vltava River! Soak up the beautiful sights of Prague from all angles, including medieval bridges, protruding church spires and photo-worthy architecture. A fantastic way to start the trip, don’t you think?
- Enjoy a morning of sightseeing with a guided tour that starts in the centre of the city on Národní třída. Just a short distance from here is where the legendary Velvet Revolution began in 1989 – the symbol of the fall of totalitarianism in Czechoslovakia.
- The tour takes you through New Town, Old Town and the Lesser Town before ending at Prague Castle. This ancient complex has housed kings, presidents and Roman emperors alike, and currently stands as one of the most visited places in the Czech Republic. It must be good then!
- Spend the afternoon exploring the grounds of the castle and the Old Royal Palace – once the seat of Bohemian royalty, now another example of Prague’s stunning Gothic architecture.
- Today you’ll walk across Charles Bridge, a cultural and historical landmark that attracts thousands of visitors each year. If you’re looking to get a postcard-esque photo, this is the place to do it!
- Head to the Jewish Museum in Prague next, which houses thousands of artefacts snatched from destroyed Jewish communities during WWII. Seeing these precious items on display really drills home the appalling acts carried out under the Nazi regime.
- After learning more about the history and traditions of the Jewish community, stroll through the pretty streets and stop to see the intricate Prague Astronomical Clock and Wenceslas Square. Finish the day at St Cyril and Methodius Church, where your students can imagine the final days of Reinhard Heydrich’s would-be assassins, who hid here during WWII.
- Make the most of your last day in Prague with some free time. Why not enjoy some retail therapy before you leave, or wander through the picturesque Kinský Garden? You could even climb the Petrín Lookout Tower, which offers great photo opportunities from the top! Appreciate the final views of this magnificent city before dragging yourselves away to the airport.
- 4-day study trip to Prague, Czech Republic
- From £229
- Highlights: Prague Castle, Old Royal Palace, St George Basilica, The Jewish Museum in Prague, sightseeing tour, cruise through Prague, Charles Bridge, St Cyril and Methodius Church
- Overseas airport transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Narodni Muzeum
- Day trip to Lidice Memorial and Terezin
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.