Plan a travel itinerary for your study trip to Florence, Italy. Visit Florence for an exciting cultural or Languages school trip abroad!
Educational trip to Florence
Buongiorno Firenze! Your students will soon feel like one of the locals with a study trip to Florence, whether they’re trying out their Italian at the local markets or putting their cooking skills to the test. Fully immerse your group in the vibrant culture of this city with a travel itinerary tailored to you. A field trip to Florence is all you need to engage any student!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After the 90-minute coach ride from Pisa to Florence, dump your bags at your accommodation and dive straight into the culture of the city! You’ll start your trip at the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Once you’ve taken in the breath-taking architecture, climb the many steps of the Duomo (remembering to count in Italian of course!). It’ll get your heart pumping, but the views from the top are totally worth it.
- Get excited to discover more of this wonderful city! Meet your tour guide and be guided around a local market, where you can converse with stall holders and admire the colourful produce. What a great opportunity to practice your language skills!
- Your tour will then take you across the city to the Palazzo Vecchio and the Piazza della Signoria, which has been at the centre of political life in Florence since the 14th century. The ancient square was even the original location of Michelangelo’s David!
- Make sure you grab some lunch from a nearby café before entering one of the world’s finest art galleries – the Uffizi Gallery! Your students will be able to walk in the footsteps of the Medici family as they take in the ancient sculptures and paintings that adorn the halls and corridors.
- After a fast-paced morning, take some time to appreciate the quintessential Italian streets that stretch away in every direction. There are lots of little markets where your students can purchase a souvenir or two, and even more places to enjoy some creamy gelato. It would be rude not to!
- Your group will have the chance to channel their inner chefs this morning, as they’re given a basic cookery class that’ll have their culinary skills (and their Italian) coming on nicely. Then grab a panini, head over the bustling Ponte Vecchio and up to the beautiful Boboli Gardens. This wedge of manicured green is the ideal place to view the city while enjoying your lunch.
- After resting for a while in the tranquil surroundings, walk over to the Piazzale Michelangelo – the prime photo spot in Florence. Enjoy postcard views of the whole city and let your students get that perfect photo to remember their trip by. Say cheese!
- Have a final wander through the charming streets of Florence, sample one last flavour of gelato and make the most of this enchanting city before getting on your coach to the airport. But the fun’s not quite over yet… you can’t leave Italy without visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Stop for a photoshoot in front of this iconic landmark before continuing on your return journey – a classic way to end a fabulous study trip to Florence.
- 4-day study trip to Florence, Italy
- From £325
- Highlights: Leaning Tower of Pisa, walking tour of local market, cookery class/demo (dependent on group size), Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens, Uffizi Gallery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
- Overseas transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Galleria dell’Accademia
- Evening ghost tour
- Galleria d’Arte Moderna
- Museo del Bargello
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.