Black History Tour in London
Choose London for a Black History study trip! Take in key sites and learn more about Black History in one of the worlds busiest metropolises.
Educational trip to London
Explore London’s rich Black history on a walking tour like no other! Go on a journey through the streets of London to discover the incredible contributions made by Black people throughout history. An expert guide will take you to visit the homes, workplaces, and significant landmarks that played a pivotal role in Black history in London
Your travel itinerary could look like...
AM – Arrival
PM – Guided walking tour of London
Immerse yourself in an exciting, interactive tour of the African/Caribbean history along the Southbank riverside.
This Black History tour is essential for anyone wishing to understand the history and culture of one of the oldest and most influential metropolises in the world.
Black History Walks are dedicated to providing authentic, stimulating and engaging walking tours that help to educate people from all walks of life about London’s Black History.
The tour will cover the following topics.
- Africa before colonisation
- The devastation of WW2 and the link to Windrush
- Black British Civil Rights
- Inventors and Reparations
- Anti-Apartheid and Londoners,
- White suffragettes and Black Power
- Amazing Black movies and how to see them
- Gentrification and Frankenstein
- International corruption sweet drinks, fossil fuels and money
- Sewage treatment in London and the fight for clean water in the ‘third world’
Finish off your evening with a boat cruise down the River Thames.
AM – Guided walking tour through Hackney
This walk recognises 70 years since the SS Windrush arrived from the Caribbean. This tour starts with the 1950’s and goes right up to the 21st century. The tour will cover:
- Black music history soul, reggae, rave and acid: the legendary 4 Aces
- Hackneys’ black activism and its pioneering role in housing equality
- Sus and Operation Jackpot, the Freeway Rick Ross Los Angeles connection
- Black British Civil Rights: Hackney Black Peoples Defence Association, Colin Roach and others
- Revolution via reading: Black bookshops, Maarifa, Centerprise
- Gentrification and social cleansing
- Education and the Black child, from grassroots campaigns to national change
- Race Relations 1965, 1968,1976 the reasons, the impact, the legacies
- The rise of the black church
PM – London Eye and return trip
Just before you head back after your 2 days in London, why not take a spin on the London Eye and get a whole new perspective on the city.
- 2-day study trip to London, England
- From £274
- Possible highlights: Walking tour of London, boat cruise on the River Thames, London Eye
• Coach/train/ flight depending on your requirements.
• 1 night accommodation
• Southbank Black History Walk
• Hackney Black History Walk
• Evening cruise on the reiver Thames
• London Eye Standard Ticket
• Pre-departure teacher pack
• 24-hour emergency service
• Free trip-leadership place options
Why not add…
- British museum
- West India Docks
Why choose us
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.