Music, Art & Design Trips To Edinburgh
Visit Edinburgh, a cultural hotspot for your Music, Art or Design study trip. Inspire creativity with a travel itinerary for your field trip to Edinburgh!
Educational trip to Edinburgh
If it’s a bustling arts scene that you’re after, then Edinburgh’s got it. This historic city is home to countless galleries, unique attractions and spectacular beauty spots, ensuring that your students’ inspiration levels will be charged for months to come! Just choose which activities you’d like to include and we’ll craft a travel itinerary around you.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- It’s time to explore the capital of Scotland! Leave your bags at your accommodation and hop onto one of the open-top city sightseeing bus tours. From the top deck, your students will be itching to whip out their sketchbooks and capture the numerous beauty spots of Edinburgh, like the charming 17th-century streets of Old Town, the grandiose Georgian buildings of New Town, or the panoramic views as you head to Calton Hill. There’s no better way to greet the city!
- End your day at the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions – an experience that really is like no other! This quirky building is spread over five floors and filled with over 100 illusions, which will leave your head spinning in the best way possible.
- Get ready for a day of galleries! Your first stop is the Scottish National Gallery, where your students will get to see one of the best collections of fine art in the world. Keep the inspiration alive as you then head to the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, which was the world’s very first purpose-built portrait gallery when it opened to the public in 1889!
- Take a quick trip on the tram or enjoy a brisk walk to the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. Get lost in its two galleries – aptly named Modern One and Modern Two – and breathe in the fresh air of the surrounding grounds-cum-sculpture park. The creative juices will really be flowing by now, so encourage your group to spend the rest of the day creating their own masterpieces.
- Get up early for your visit to the Royal Scottish Academy of Art & Architecture. Formed in 1826, the Academy is renowned for showcasing and supporting contemporary art in Scotland.
- Before you head home, take in the stunning snapshots of this city while you can! Why not relax in Princes Street Gardens, or take a stroll through the picturesque streets of New Town? If you think your students would appreciate some adrenaline-inducing fun, the Edinburgh Dungeons is a great shout… you might get to meet some historic residents of the city before you leave!
- 3-day study trip to Edinburgh, Scotland
- From £227
- Highlights: Camera Obscura, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Scottish National Gallery, The Royal Scottish Academy of Art & Architecture, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, city sightseeing tour
- Flights/Rail or coach (dependent on point of origin)
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Evening ghost walking tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons
- Edinburgh Castle
- Holyrood Palace
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.