Religious Studies Trips to Berlin
Learn about Germany’s dark past with a study trip to Berlin. We’ll help you craft a travel itinerary for your Religious Studies educational trip to Berlin.
Educational trip to Berlin
There’s a reason why Berlin is a popular choice for study trips! Open your students’ eyes to the sobering reality of the Holocaust, whilst also letting them enjoy the capital in all of its urban glory. Choose from symbolic landmarks, historic buildings and bustling shopping districts to create a travel itinerary that’ll leave your students wanting more!
We provide Religious Studies Trips to Berlin for the following educational institutions:
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Your coach will be waiting to whisk you straight to your chosen accommodation, where you’ll drop off your bags and head straight into the sprawling city! Kickstart your trip with a ride on an open-top bus sightseeing tour, allowing you to get to know the capital from the top deck. After taking in iconic landmarks like Checkpoint Charlie and Brandenburg Gate, why not hop off at Alexanderplatz and grab some dinner?
- You’ll start your day bright and early with a guided tour of the Jewish Quarter! This interesting walking tour includes a visit to the Otto Weidt Museum, the Neue Synagogue and the Jewish Museum. You’ll also get to explore the Northern Mitte district, historically home to the thriving Jewish community which was largely destroyed during WWII. Many important remnants remain here, so your group can really reflect on the harrowing history of this area.
- Grab a quick bite to eat and then it’s onto the Topography of Terror – a museum that encapsulates the fear and torment at the hands of Nazi power. Next stop is Hitler’s Bunker, where the Führer himself took up residence from 16th January 1945. As the final headquarters of the Nazi regime, students will be transported back to a very frightening time in the not-so-distant past.
- Jump on the coach to Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg, a former Nazi concentration camp created in 1936. As you walk around the camp, your students will be given just a small taste of what it would have felt like to be imprisoned here during WWII.
- Onward to the House of the Wannsee Conference, where the so-called Final Solution to the Jewish Question was discussed. The exhibition gives an insight into this criminal meeting between members of the Nazi government and the SS, and just how their plan was put into practice. This difficult but important visit will teach your students about details of the genocide perpetrated on European Jews, using audio-visual presentations and displays of original documents to bring this hard-hitting reality to life.
- Head back to Berlin, where you’ll need some time to reflect on the day’s experiences. We recommend bringing yourselves back to the present by exploring some of the stunning local parks or stopping off at Museum Island before finishing your third day.
- You’ve earned a lie-in this morning (depending on your return journey, of course!). Before heading home, why not explore the vibrant culture of modern-day Berlin? Oh, and don’t forget to try a famous ‘currywurst’ before you leave – it’s essential!
- 4-day study trip to Berlin, Germany
- From £311
- Highlights: Sachsenhausen, House of the Wannsee Conference, Jewish museum, walking tour of old Jewish district including the Neue Synagogue, city sightseeing bus tour, Otto Weidt Museum, Topography of Terror, Hitler’s Bunker tour
- Return flights
- Overseas airport transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Berlin Wall tour
- TV Tower
- River cruise
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.