Religious Studies Trips to Krakow
A study trip to Kraków is vital for Religious Studies students! Bring history to life with a great travel itinerary & ensure a memorable educational trip.
Educational trip to Kraków
With its bohemian vibes, picturesque squares and Gothic architecture, it’s hard not to be charmed by Kraków! This beautiful city has a lot to offer your students, who will be captivated by its glorious places of worship and shocked by its harrowing past… all in the space of just a few footsteps. Diversity Study Trips can tailor a travel itinerary to Kraków that’ll be difficult to forget.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- No time to rest – there’s way too much to cram into your short trip! Get acquainted with this wonderful city with a guided walking tour, where you’ll be shown landmarks like the magnificent Wawel Castle and Cathedral, the Gothic St Mary’s Basilica and the Old Town’s Market Square (which is a UNESCO heritage site itself).
- Along the way, your students will be introduced to some of the areas linked to the city’s dark past. One of these includes the central square within the Podgorze district, where you’ll see a truly sobering memorial to the people who lived in the former Jewish ghetto.
- Board your coach for the one-hour drive to Auschwitz – the largest and most notorious concentration camp. Once you’re there, a guided tour will unveil the atrocities and horrific conditions that prisoners endured at the hands of the Nazis. A range of thought-provoking themes will be covered, both within the camp itself and the various exhibits displayed in the museum.
- The experience will likely stir up some emotions, so spend the afternoon exploring Kraków’s Old Town or reflecting in one of the city’s peaceful parks. It might be nice to arrange some lighter entertainment later on in the day – an evening of bowling always goes down a treat!
- Leave some time in the morning to visit the Galicia Jewish Museum in the Jewish Quarter – a must-see if you’re in Kraków! The museum presents Jewish history from a whole new perspective, challenging the typical stereotypes and misconceptions associated with it. The museum can also arrange for your group to have a Q&A session with a Holocaust survivor, an opportunity that’ll make the experience that much more memorable.
- If you don’t fly until early evening, squeeze in a trip to Oskar Schindler’s Enamel Factory. Your students will become engrossed in the heroic life of Oskar Schindler, as well as learn more about Nazi-occupied Poland and discover the places featured in the famous movie “Schindler’s List”. The experience is sure to give your group even more to reflect on during your flight back home!
- 3-day study trip to Kraków, Poland
- From £354
- Highlights: Walking tour, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Galicia Jewish Museum (with a Q&A with a holocaust survivor), Oskar Schindler’s Factory tour
- Flights from UK regional airport
- Overseas transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options (including dinner at a traditional Jewish restaurant)
- Boat trip along the Vistula river
- Day trip to Wieliczka Salt Mines (if you can add another day to your itinerary)
- Evening bowling
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.