STEM Trips to Geneva
Let us tailor a travel itinerary for your educational trip to Geneva, ideal for STEM students. Plan a school trip to Geneva that will educate and inspire.
Educational trip to Geneva
Museums, solar power plants, nuclear research laboratories and beautiful streets – Geneva really does have it all! A study trip to this city is essential for anyone with an interest in science, maths or engineering, and students will leave with a new-found wonder for the world around them. With the right travel itinerary, the lessons learned on this trip will stay with them long after the flight home.
Who do we provide STEM trips to Switzerland for?
Interested in taking your students to see Geneva? Our range of STEM trips for Switzerland is perfect for students and teachers at any level of experience. Our full range of Trips to Geneva includes:
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Welcome to Geneva! Grab yourself a sandwich, collect your Geneva travel cards and meet up with your tour guide, who’ll take you over to the beautiful Old Town – a brilliant way to get to know your home for the next few days!
- After walking through the ancient streets, move onto your next activity – the History of Science Museum. Students will be engrossed in the various exhibitions and simple instruments dating back to the 17th to 19th Century – it’s simply a must for every science-lover!
- After delving into Geneva’s scientific past yesterday, your second day will see you launched into the future with a trip to CERN! Your tour will consist of a video introduction, followed by an eye-opening visit to the control rooms, research laboratories and engineering facilities onsite. You’ll also have time to visit CERN’s permanent exhibitions, which provide a fascinating look into the world of physics.
- Once your group is feeling sufficiently stimulated, head back into the city and to Lake Geneva. Let everything you’ve learned today sink in while enjoying a cruise on the water, soaking up the spectacular lakeside surroundings in the late afternoon. If it’s a clear day, you can even see Mont Blanc!
- There’s plenty more to see today! Take the quick 20-minute rail journey to Russin and let your students be awed by the mighty Verbois Dam. The guided tour provides an insight into this hydroelectric structure, which supplies the residents of Geneva with all the electricity they need.
- Surrounding the site is the SIG Solar III energy pavilion, which was the largest solar power plant in Switzerland when it was commissioned in 2005! Built with a staggering 6,000 photovoltaic panels and integrated into its surrounding environment, the power plant offers a look into the potential of renewable energy.
- Continuing with the theme of nature, your next stop is the Natural History Museum back in Geneva. As well as discovering more about the regional fauna, mineralogy, mammals, and the history of humankind, the museum also focuses on future scientific challenges, new technologies, current issues and, of course, environmental protection. This day will leave your students with a better understanding of their planet and the importance of looking after it.
- The past three days will have given your group a lot to think about, so it might be nice to unwind a bit before your journey back home. Take some time to chill in one of Geneva’s peaceful parks, do a spot of shopping along its beautiful streets, then bid farewell to the city and catch the tram to the airport. Definitely a study trip to remember!
- 4-day study trip to Geneva, Switzerland
- From £335
- Highlights: Boat trip on Lake Geneva, CERN guided tour, History of Science Museum, National History Museum, Verbois Dam and SIG Solar III power plant tours, travel card
- Overseas transfers and access to public transport with travel card
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Day trip to Mont Blanc
- The Seujet Dam
- Half-day trip to Annecy
- International Red Cross
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.