Build the ideal travel itinerary for your STEM study trip to Lisbon. The beautiful capital of Portugal is a top choice for educational trips abroad.
Educational trip to Lisbon
Combine knowledge and exploration with a study trip to Lisbon, Portugal! This unique city will satisfy your students’ thirst for knowledge (and cravings for sweet pastries) with its range of interesting museums and attractions. Of course, the picturesque streets and beauty spots are the cherry on top! Get to know this historic city with a STEM travel itinerary that’s both educational and exciting.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- A swift check-in at your chosen accommodation should leave you the rest of the day to familiarise yourself with Lisbon! Opt for an open-top sightseeing bus tour to take in panoramic views of this gorgeous city, or breathe in the fresh air with a customised walking tour for your group.
- Once you’ve become acquainted with the city, explore the cobbled streets some more by winding your way up to São Jorge Castle. If there’s ever a time to take a selfie, it’s now – your students will be in awe of the cinematic views from the top!
- Start your day with a visit to the Museu de Farmacia, where you’ll dive into the fascinating history of pharmacology from the 15th century to the present day. Afterwards, continue your quest for knowledge with a trip to the Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência. This next stop will allow your group to explore the wonders of nature through topics as diverse as geology, botany and zoology.
- Pick up some lunch at one of Lisbon’s many cafes, then carry on your exploration to the Museu da Saúde (Health Museum). This popular attraction covers “800 Years of Health in Portugal”, giving your students insight into the development of medicine in the country.
- Let your newly acquired knowledge sink in and unwind for the rest of the day. Why not sample some Pasteis de Belém, or take a rickety ride on one of Lisbon’s yellow trams?
- Where better to start your final day than at the waterside area of Parques das Nacões? The huge Oceanarium here is home to a vast array of fish and marine animals – perfect for those with an interest in marine life!
- If science and technology is more up your street, visit the Pavilhão de Conhecimento. This science and technology museum is located just a short walk from the Oceanarium and has interactive exhibits at every turn – guaranteed to engross your students!
- It’s easy to lose track of time in the museum, but make sure you leave an hour or two to take in some of the things that make Lisbon so special. Perhaps stroll through some of the cobbled streets one last time, buying a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice from a street-side stall or picking up another Pastel de Belém before your journey home.
- 3-day study trip to Lisbon, Portugal
- From £249
- Highlights: Museu de Farmacia, Museum of Natural History and Science, Science & Tech Museum, city bus tour or guided walking tour, Museu da Saúde, Oceanarium
- Overseas airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Evening river cruise
- Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.