Science, Technology & Maths Trips to Tokyo
Plan an educational trip to Tokyo for STEM students! Fill your travel itinerary & tour Tokyo in the best way – with the help of Diversity Study Trips!
Educational trip to Tokyo
Discover local culture, museums, wildlife and more with a STEM study trip to Tokyo! This urban jungle will tantalise all of the senses, whether you’re exploring the interactive science exhibitions or being awed by the flashing lights of the shopping districts. Give your students a once-in-a-lifetime experience with a trip itinerary crammed full of exciting activities – we’re here to help!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- You’ve had a long journey, so take it easy and explore the local area. Unwind with a visit to the serene Meijiro Gardens, then visit the Sugamo Jizo-Dori Shopping Street for a traditional and retro R&R experience.
- Now that you’re feeling fully rested, visit one of Japan’s largest science museums: The National Museum of Nature & Science! Whatever your students’ interests, they’ll be engrossed in the many exhibitions that this museum has to offer. Just some of them include ‘Investigation Technology for the Earth’, ‘Biodiversity’ and ‘Techniques in Observing Nature’ – there are tonnes more!
- Later in the day, get some more retail therapy with a trip to the Akihabara district. This buzzing shopping hub is famed for its electronics retailers, ranging from tiny stalls to vast department stores. With its colourful screens, flashing neon lights and anime-themed cafes, it’s a far cry from the high streets back home!
- Venture out to the Tamarokuto Science Center to explore the five engaging rooms there, which include ‘Meet the Science’, ‘Body & Senses’, ‘System & Mechanism’, ‘Life & Environment’ and ‘Geoscience’. If that’s not enough to spark your students’ scientific curiosity, then a few minutes in the Planetarium should do the trick – stand beneath 140,000,000 stars projected into the night sky!
- Nature takes precedence today, as you head down to the waterfront to visit the Tokyo Sea Life Park. Fish aren’t the only creatures you’ll see here – expect penguins, puffins and auks too!
- In the afternoon, hit up the Yumenoshima Tropical Greenhouse Dome for an experience that will leaf (sorry) a lasting impression on your students. The visit will give them a much better understanding of the relationship between tropical plants and our lives.
- Get up bright and early for a trip to Tsukiji Outer Market, one of the world’s largest fish markets, before heading into a day full of science-related frivolity.
- First up is the National Museum of Emerging Science and Technology (Miraikan). Here, you’ll experience science and space like never before with its full-dome, stereoscopic films. Continue on your quest for knowledge with a visit to the Science Museum in Kitanomaru Park, which has exhibitions on everything from Cyber Space to Concept Cars!
- You’ll get to appreciate some traditional Japanese culture today, with your first stop being Meiji Shrine. Surrounded by lush green trees, the tranquil setting of this iconic Shinto shrine makes it hard to believe that you’re still in Tokyo!
- Enjoy some free time in trendy Harajuku, then visit the impressive Imperial Palace – home to the Emperor of Japan himself!
- Cherish every last moment of your time in Tokyo with a little more exploration of the city, then make the journey to the airport. After the constant excitement of the past week, a long flight will give your students some much-needed rest… but not before going through all of their trip photos!
- 7-day study trip to Tokyo, Japan
- From £1194
- Highlights: National Museum of Nature and Science, Tokyo Sea Life Park, Science Museum, Yumenoshima, National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, Tamarokuto Science Center, Tsukiji Fish Market, Akihabara, Imperial Palace
- Overseas airport transfers
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Day trip to Hiroshima
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.