Head to Amsterdam for a History or Politics study trip! Enjoy flower-lined canals while you get to know more about Dutch history. Plan a trip itinerary today!
Educational trip to Amsterdam
It’s impossible to replicate that feeling you get as you walk along Amsterdam’s pretty canals and boutique streets – but that’s not all this city has to offer! Visitors to The Dam are constantly wowed by the rich history and moving stories of those who lived here, from tales of brave resistance fighters to diary-writing girls in hiding. Intrigued? We can help you organise a bespoke itinerary for your group.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Start your time in Amsterdam by getting to know the area better! Stroll along the quaint streets, taking your time to explore the lovely canal-side roads and shops. Don’t miss Vondel Park, Dam Square and Centraal Station!
- With your legs suitably stretched, head to the Rijskmuseum in the afternoon. This is arguably Amsterdam’s most famous museum! Let your group get lost for hours in the extensive collections and exhibitions, where they’ll learn all about the past 800 years of Dutch history.
- Relax in the evening with a group meal, then it’s time for bed – you have another busy day tomorrow!
- Is there a better way to get to know a place than with a guided tour? Spend the morning walking around the Jewish Quarter, where your guide will take you to key historical landmarks like the Portuguese synagogue.
- A history trip to Amsterdam simply wouldn’t be complete without stopping at the Anne Frank House! With plenty of original artefacts, photos and videos, this museum is a fascinating way for students to learn more about the family who hid here during the war.
- You’ll have a thought-provoking morning today, starting off with a visit to the Camp Vught Memorial. This former concentration camp was the only one controlled by the SS outside of Germany in Western Europe, imprisoning Jews, political prisoners, Sinti and Roma gypsies, and resistance fighters. Your group will uncover the tragic and courageous stories of those who once lived here.
- Next stop is the Dutch Resistance Museum. Through reconstructed streets, colourful displays, and plenty of photos and audio, you’ll learn more about how the Dutch resisted occupation by the Nazis. The interactive exhibitions are bound to have your students hooked!
- In the afternoon, enjoy some free time exploring Amsterdam. Do a spot of shopping, try out some of the chic cafes lining the streets and maybe even opt for a canal cruise! You’re in The Dam, after all.
- Cherish your final hours in the city with a walk around trendy Jordaan. This popular neighbourhood is teeming with hip stores, cute eateries, craft markets and more. Snap some photos of the quintessential flower-laden buildings before making your way back to the airport. It’s been fun, Amsterdam!
- 4-day study trip to Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- From £333
- Highlights: Anne Frank House, guided Jewish Quarter walking tour, Resistance Museum, Rijskmuseum, Camp Vught National Memorial
- Return flights
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- A’dam Lookout
- Canal cruise
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.