History & Politics Trips To New York
Choose New York for a History or Politics study trip! Take in key sites & learn more about the historical events of the Big Apple. Plan an itinerary today.
Educational trip to New York
A field trip to New York may be exactly what your History or Politics students need! Stay in the heart of this sprawling megacity and let your group marvel at all of the sights on offer. From skyscraper views to thought-provoking museum trips, New York is teeming with lessons and experiences that you can’t find elsewhere. Get in touch now to start planning the trip of a lifetime for your class!
American History & Politics trips
Interested in taking a trip to America with your students? They’ll be amazed by how much the culture differs from the UK. Show them the history of New York, Atlanta or New Orlean up close for an enriched learning experience. Our full of range of trips to America includes:
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Check in at your accommodation and then head out into the Big Apple. Your first stop will be one to remember for sure – it’s the Empire State Building! This 102-storey skyscraper offers fabulous views across the whole of New York, and your students are guaranteed to appreciate the breath-taking photo opportunities in the early-evening light.
- After taking in the glorious views, travel back down to earth for a tasty meal at a local restaurant. Pizza, loaded sandwiches, cheesecake… make the most of the many foodie hotspots scattered throughout the city!
- Get up bright and early to enjoy a full day of exploring. First on the agenda is a Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island cruise. After admiring the majestic icon that is the Statue of Liberty, your group will visit the Ellis Island Immigration Museum for an eye-opening look into the history of immigration in New York.
- In the afternoon, travel to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum to learn about the impact of terrorism on a personal, local and far-reaching scale. Although it’s a harrowing visit, your students will gain a lot through the various media, narratives and artefacts on display, including stories of grief, recovery and hope from those affected by the tragic event.
- Make your way to the heart of NYC for a trip to the United Nations Visitor Center! On an hour-long guided tour, your group will discover the UN headquarters and the history, work and responsibilities of this international organisation.
- Following a morning of politics, it’s time to stretch your legs on a Harlem Civil Rights walking tour. Your local guide will tell you all about the impact that this neighbourhood had on the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and ‘60s, and students will come away with a deeper understanding of key events and figures in Black history.
- Feeling theatrical? A Broadway Show is a must while you’re in New York! Head to one of the many theatres along Broadway to end your final evening on a high.
- Your time in New York isn’t over just yet! Spend some time souvenir shopping along the city’s bustling streets, then opt for one last tour before you leave. If you’re interested in money (aren’t we all?), take your group on a walking tour of the Financial District with an expert local guide, visiting famous places like Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange and Battery Park.
- If you want to fully savour everything that New York has to offer, you might prefer a walking tour of Midtown Manhattan. Your group will see the city’s top spots like Fifth Avenue, 42nd Street, Broadway, Central Park and Times Square. Whichever way you choose to end your trip, your students will be sad to leave this buzzing metropolis!
- 4-day study trip to New York, USA
- From £1050
- Possible highlights: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island cruise, 9/11 Memorial & Museum, United Nations Visitor Centre, Harlem Civil Rights walking tour
- UK and overseas airport transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Evening meals
- Broadway Show
- Walking tour of the Financial District
- Guided walking tour of Midtown Manhattan
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Tenement Museum
- New York Historical Society Museum & Library
- Irish Hunger Memorial
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.