Go on an unforgettable field trip to New York! Cover immigration, Jewish culture, the Holocaust & more. We’ll help you plan a school trip to New York City.
Educational trip to New York
Whisk your students away on a field trip to New York! Appropriately dubbed ‘the city that never sleeps’, this buzzing megacity guarantees unrivalled excitement and invaluable lessons. If you fancy elevating your Religious Studies lessons to new heights (how does 70 floors sound?), we can help you craft a travel itinerary that will stay with your students forever.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Nothing beats seeing New York 70 floors above ground – so make it the first thing you do after your long journey across the pond! Located in Midtown Manhattan at the Rockefeller Centre, Top of the Rock is a three-deck observatory that provides panoramic views of the Big Apple. Give your group an adrenaline-inducing introduction to the city with this first visit!
- Set your alarms early and head to Lower East Side, where you’ll visit the Tenement Museum. This archetypal brick building is said to have accommodated 15,000 people from over 20 nations from 1863 to 2011 – that’s a lot of people! The museum celebrates the role that immigration plays in America and its history – an important visit considering current world issues.
- Catch the subway across the city towards Battery Park for your next stop: The Museum of Jewish Heritage. This living memorial to the Holocaust allows you to hear the experiences of Holocaust survivors through recordings, giving your students a difficult lesson on the not-so-distant past.
- Onto the water now as you board your vessel for a boat trip around Liberty Island! Take some snaps of the majestic Statue of Liberty (it wouldn’t be a trip to New York without seeing her!) then disembark at Ellis Island. Here, you’ll visit the National Museum of Immigration, which offers an eye-opening look at immigration in America.
- It’s been a day packed full of sightseeing, so why not stop for an evening meal in Chinatown? It’ll give you the chance to discover another bustling area of the city before heading back to your accommodation for some much-needed shuteye.
- Today you’ll visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, where your tour guide will recount the horrific events of that tragic day and the immense acts of courage displayed by New York City’s residents. This is a very moving visit, so we recommend spending some important reflection time in Central Park afterwards.
- In the afternoon, make your way to The Jewish Museum on Fifth Avenue, where you’ll get a snapshot of Jewish culture through the various art exhibitions on display. Photography, paintings, abstract installations and more – this museum keeps things interesting all year round to provide its visitors with a one-of-a-kind experience!
- Take a break from the swarming subways and head back to Central Park, where you can spend a couple of hours watching the day-to-day happenings in New York.
- After that, hit the shops, cross off some more iconic landmarks or take your pick of the plethora of museums in the city – the options are endless here! Cherish every last second of your time in New York before catching your overnight flight home, when your students can finally rest and reflect on their epic trip.
- 4-day study trip to New York, USA
- From £795
- Highlights: Top of the Rock, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Immigration Museum, 9/11 Memorial and Memorial Museum, The Jewish Museum, Tenement Museum, Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
- Overseas airport transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Evening meals
- Lower East Side walking tour
- Reform Temple Emanu-El
- Empire State Building
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.