Visit the Bay of Naples for a fun Geography school trip! Show students volcanoes, rock formations, ancient ruins and more with an exciting trip itinerary.
Educational trip to the Bay of Naples
A famous volcano, spectacular scenery, a city frozen in time… and how could we forget to mention the excellent food? After a field trip to the Bay of Naples, your Geography students might be considering a career in volcanology, archaeology, or even professional pizza-making! Int-erupt the mundane nature of classroom learning with a packed travel itinerary that’s guaranteed to excite!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Transfer to Pompeii and launch into your first activity – an afternoon walking tour. The experience will give a full introduction to the city, which was one of the richest in the whole Roman Empire until the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD. If you want to show your students the power of nature, this ash-engulfed city is an obvious choice!
- Feeling peckish? Today, your students will enjoy an authentic cooking class and pizza-making lesson, sampling beautiful home-grown produce and fresh ingredients from the local area. You can’t beat that for a second activity!
- Once your bellies are full, head to Herculaneum. This ancient Roman town is nestled in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius and – as you might have guessed – was swallowed up by a sea of ash and pumice all those centuries ago. As you wander through the ruins, ask your students to imagine the buzz of daily life pre-79AD.
- You’re in for a treat today! Venture to the Island of Capri, known as the jewel of the Amalfi Coast. The turquoise sea, bobbing boats and colourful houses look like they’ve been plucked out of a postcard… but better!
- From here, your students can explore three natural formations: The Blue Grotto, Faraglioni and Monte Solaro. These beauties offer splendid photo opportunities and, of course, the chance to learn about the geography of the area.
- On your final morning, enjoy a guided tour of Solfatara. Your students might want to peg their noses for this one – this dormant volcano lets off lots of sulphurous fumes! Be awed by the jets of hot steam before transferring to Naples for your evening flight home. If your students didn’t know much about volcanoes before, they will after this amazing trip!
- 4-day study trip to the Bay of Naples, Italy
- From £337
- Highlights: Pompeii, cooking class and pizza-making lesson, Herculaneum, Island of Capri, Blue Grotto, Faraglioni, Monte Solaro, Solfatara
- Return flights
- Overseas airport transfers (if applicable)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- A Tarantella show
- Day trip to Caserta
- Day trip to Paestum
- Day trip to Oplontis
- Day trip to Cuma
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.