Plan your Geography/Tourism study trip to Tokyo. From mountains & parks to vast urban districts, there are endless possibilities for your trip itinerary.
Educational trip to Tokyo
Waterfalls, neon lights, volcanoes and ninja villages – there’s something in this city for everyone! With a Geography and Tourism field trip to Tokyo, your students can enjoy peaceful parks in the morning and flashing shopping districts after lunch… all while covering topics like urbanisation, tourism, physical geography and more! Interested in a trip itinerary for Tokyo? We’re here to help!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Is there a better introduction to Tokyo than the Sky Tree Tower? Admire the stunning birds-eye view from your position 634m in the air, taking in the topography of this sprawling city.
- Walk 20 minutes to Senso-ji in the Asakusa district, one of the most significant Buddhist temples in Tokyo. Already, your students will be noticing the unique amalgamation of traditional culture and urbanisation that makes Tokyo so special!
- You’ll continue with the theme of old and new today by making a morning visit to the Imperial Palace. After enjoying the tranquil surroundings (that really are fit for an emperor!), make the short walk to Ginza for a drastic change in scenery. This glamorous shopping district is one of the best-known in the world and will definitely be a hit with your group. Just make sure they don’t spend all of their money at once!
- They’ll be early nights all around after today’s itinerary! Get an early start for your tour to the majestic Mount Fuji, where you can marvel at the snow-topped peak of this active volcano. Later on, meet a ninja at the Oshino Ninja Village and watch martial arts shows and demonstrations. You’ll all agree that it’s an experience like no other!
- Take advantage of Ueno Park today – 300 acres of park filled with temples, museums, shrines and natural attractions. It’s safe to say that you won’t be bored! We recommend the Tokyo National Museum and the National Museum of Nature and Science depending on your group’s specific interests.
- Later in the day, venture to the Akihabara district for a retail experience like no other. This buzzing shopping hub is famed for its electronics retailers, ranging from tiny stalls to vast department stores.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and head to the calming town of Nikko National Park, located around 87 miles north of Tokyo. Take in the breath-taking mountain scenery, beautiful nature, sparkling lakes, hot springs and many temples and shrines of this World Heritage Site. And breathe!
- Meet your tour guide for a Tsukiji Fish Market Food and Culture walking tour, one of the world’s largest fish markets. If you like seafood, this is the place for you!
- Escape the crowds with a walk around Yoyogi Park, which was the site of the Olympic Village for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. This spacious green area nestles wonderfully in busy Tokyo, providing residents and tourists with a break from their urban surroundings. Just a few minutes away is Meiji Shrine, an iconic Shinto shrine which is a must while you’re in the area.
- Spend the afternoon soaking up the trendy vibes of Harajuku, which is renowned for its colourful street art, quirky vintage stores, upmarket boutiques and cosplay shops.
- After your final breakfast, buy some last-minute tech and souvenirs before catching your flight back to the UK. We bet there’ll be a few sleepy heads on the journey home!
- 7-day study trip to Tokyo, Japan
- From £995
- Highlights: National Museum of Nature and Science, Tsukiji Fish Market Food and Culture walking tour, Ginza, Tokyo National Museum, Imperial Palace, Sky Tree Tower, Sensō-ji, Mount Fuji, Oshino Ninja Village, Akihabara district, Nikkō National Park
- Overseas airport transfers
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Day trip to Hiroshima
- Day trip to Nagano
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.