Geography Trips To Iceland
Plan a Geography school trip to Reykjavík, Iceland. Witness the true power of nature & see the top beauty spots of Iceland with a thrilling trip itinerary.
Educational trip to Iceland
Iceland is every geographer’s dream! Watch your students’ jaws drop as you take them around some of the most mesmerising sights that this planet has to offer, including mystical waterfalls, vast volcanoes and large expanses of unearthly coastline. The raw beauty of this place will stay with your students for the rest of their lives, along with the many lessons that they learn during their stay.
We provide a range of Geography study trips to Iceland for the following educational institutions:
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- You probably want to unwind after your plane journey over, so what better place to do that than the Blue Lagoon? You and your students can take time to relax in the geothermal seawater of the spa, enjoying the many benefits of a natural mud mask and gazing at your volcanic surroundings. Pure bliss!
- Now that you’re feeling revitalised, spend some time exploring the quaint town of Vík, where nature and tourism collide.
- Your afternoon will be a watery one! First visit the Seljalandsfoss waterfall in all of its thundering splendour, then waste no time in heading to the next: Skógafoss. Admire the impressive 60m drop before ending your day on the black-sand beach, Reynisfjara. If you didn’t know any better, you’d think you were on another planet!
- Start your day at the spectacular Þingvellir National Park. Sitting in a valley caused by two separating tectonic plates, the area is full of unique land formations and rugged scenery all around.
- With the wind filling your lungs, set off to the Geysir Hot Spring Area to experience more of Iceland’s natural entertainment. Here, you’ll see the burbling mud pits, geysers and 100-foot explosions of water that make this area a popular tourist spot.
- Next on the list is another majestic waterfall, Gullfoss – this one spans three staircases! It’s particularly beautiful when frozen over in winter – just be sure to wrap up warm!
- The final adventure of the day is Hellisheiði Geothermal Plant, a modern display of renewable energy. The station is testament to the power of geothermal energy, which provides hot water and electricity to many towns in Iceland.
- Head over to Krýsuvík to talk eruptions, land formations and tectonic plates. This steamy volcanic system really makes you think about what’s bubbling beneath the surface of our planet! In the afternoon, wander around the ever-changing exhibits at the Perlan Museum and embrace the true might of nature. Your students will be feeling at one with Earth by the time you catch your evening flight home!
- 4-day study trip to Reykjavík, Iceland
- From £695
- Highlights: The Blue Lagoon, Vík, Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Reynisfjara, Þingvellir, Geysir, Gullfoss, Hellisheiði Geothermal Plant, Krýsuvík volcanic system, Perlan Museum
- Overseas airport transfers and use of coach
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Snæfellsjökull National Park
- Whale-watching tour
- Hveragerði geothermal park
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.