Craft a travel itinerary for your study trip to Geneva. Students can enjoy the culture of the city or practice their French on a field trip to Switzerland.
Educational trip to Geneva
Create an experience to remember with a study trip to Geneva, Switzerland! Framed by the Swiss Alps and overlooking the glittering Lake Geneva, we won’t blame you for not wanting to leave this city! Of course, there’s lots more to the place than its stunning good looks – history, science, politics… pretty much everything, really. What are you waiting for? Plan your Geneva travel itinerary today!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After making use of the super-efficient transport system, drop your bags at your accommodation, collect your Geneva travel cards and dive right into your itinerary! You’ll start by meeting your tour guide for a walking tour of the beautiful Old Town. Wind your way along cobbled streets, taking in the towering buildings on either side and enjoying idyllic squares and cosy cafes. Bliss!
- Begin your day with an ‘International & Panoramic’ trolley-bus tour, which drives you past Geneva’s NGOs and international organisations. Afterwards, stop off at the International Museum of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (MICR), where you’ll see inspiring exhibitions on Defending Human Rights and Restoring Family Links.
- Later, head down to the lake and enjoy a late-afternoon cruise on Lake Geneva. As you float along the rippling water and soak up the spectacular lakeside surroundings, keep an eye out for Mont Blanc – you should be able to see this giant on a clear day!
- Another exciting day ahead! You’ll start by taking a tour of the Palais des Nations (former headquarters of the League of Nations), where you’ll explore the history of this grand building and the current activities of the United Nations. Polish your language skills by taking this tour in French if you like!
- Quench your thirst for knowledge with a visit to the Natural History Museum in the afternoon. There’s something for every student here, with exhibitions covering regional fauna, mineralogy, mammals, birds, and insects, as well as a whole floor devoted to the Earth and history of humankind. The museum also focuses on future scientific challenges, new technologies, current issues and, of course, environmental protection – so it’s not all about history!
- Enjoy your final morning strolling through the peaceful parks of Geneva, then say au revoir to the city and hop on the tram back to the airport.
- 4-day study trip to Geneva, Switzerland
- From £214
- Highlights: Boat trip on Lake Geneva, guided walking tour, National History Museum, MICR, Palais Des Nations, travel card
- Overseas transfers and access to public transport with travel card
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Gruyere Cheese Factory
- Alimentarium Food Museum
- Bex Salt Mines
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.