Inspire your students with an educational trip to Florence. Cover topics such as Music, Art and Design. Plan a travel itinerary for your school trip abroad.
Educational trip to Florence
Considering an educational trip to Italy for your Music, Art or Design students? Look no further than Florence! With its picture-postcard streets, breath-taking views and stunning art, Florence is the city to be if you’re wanting to spark inspiration. Let Diversity Study Trips craft a trip itinerary that’ll leave an everlasting impression on your students.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Straight off the plane and onto your coach! After the 90-minute journey from Pisa to Florence, you’ll check in to your accommodation and jump right into your fun-filled itinerary. First up is a guided walking tour of Florence – the best introduction to this remarkable city!
- Make sure you fuel up for the day ahead – it’s an exciting one! You’ll start at the famous Uffizzi Gallery, where you’ll see works by all the greats: Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, and let’s not forget Botticelli!
- Grab a panini for later (Florence does them best) and head down to the Ponte Vecchio, where your students will be drawn in by the many shops built along this medieval bridge. On the other side, make your way to the grand Palazzo Pitti, now home to various museums such as the Palatine Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art. Just a few minutes’ walk away is the beautiful Boboli Gardens – the perfect place to enjoy that panini!
- After resting your feet, head to Piazzale Michelangelo and take in the spectacular panoramic views of Florence. Your students will definitely appreciate the photo ops here! Back across the river, enjoy meandering through the quintessential Italian streets and the many markets that you stumble across.
- Sketchbooks at the ready – you have three more big ones to cover today! If anyone in your group isn’t feeling inspired by now, they will be when they see Michelangelo’s David in The Galleria dell’Accademia. Once you’ve taken in this famous sculpture, it’s time to visit the Duomo within the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. With 463 steps through tight corridors (and no, there isn’t an elevator), the experience might leave your heart pumping… but it’s the views at the top that’ll truly take your breath away.
- Back on solid ground, a scoop (or three) of gelato is a must. Your last stop of the day is the Bargello National Museum, home to some of the greatest masterpieces like Donatello’s David.
- If you have time before your flight, take a final wander around the beautiful city before your transfer coach collects you for your return trip. But it’s not quite over yet! It wouldn’t be right to leave without taking a classic selfie with the Leaning Tower of Pisa on your way back to the airport – a memorable way to end your study trip to Florence!
- 4-day study trip to Florence, Italy
- From £390
- Highlights: Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens, Palazzo Pitti, Uffizi Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art, Galleria dell’Accademia, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Bargello National Museum, Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Overseas transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Day trip to…
- Cookery class
- Evening ghost tour
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.