Discover the beauty of nature with a field trip to Iceland. Let rugged landscapes inspire creativity – plan your Reykjavík school trip itinerary today.
Educational trip to Iceland
The brooding landscapes of Iceland are testament to the fact that art isn’t just found in museums – nature itself can be a masterpiece! With a school trip to Reykjavík, your students will see this for themselves in the looming volcanoes, thunderous waterfalls and stark skies that make Iceland so special. Ignite their creativity with a travel itinerary to remember!
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- After touching down in spectacular Iceland, take the opportunity to explore Reykjavík on foot. Wander around the colourful streets of this lively city before heading to bed – you’ve got a big day tomorrow!
- Cameras and sketchbooks at the ready – today you’ll be traversing the dramatic landscapes of the
- mesmerising Golden Circle! Be blown away by the striking views of Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and the Kerið Volcano Crater – you’ll definitely want to capture these other-worldly scenes.
- Start your day with a trip to Reykjavik Art Museum, where your students will see a diverse range of modern and contemporary artwork from leading Icelandic and international artists. Now that you’re in the creative spirit, pay a visit to the National Gallery of Iceland to see the impressive collection of 20th and 21st century Icelandic art.
- After indulging in a day of galleries, take an early evening trip to unwind in the geothermal seawater at the Blue Lagoon. Pure bliss!
- Time to be wowed by more of Iceland’s jaw-dropping scenery today! Travel to the south coast, where your students can paint and photograph the jagged beauty of the Reynisdrangar Rocks and Dyrhólaey (The Arch with the Hole). The crashing waves all around make these spots particularly atmospheric, so challenge your group to reproduce their intense surroundings in their artwork.
- If that wasn’t enough water for you, you’ll also take in another two impressive waterfalls – Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. The roar of these two beasts really is something to behold!
- Pick up a few last-minute souvenirs in Reykjavik before your flight home. Your students will leave Iceland with a newfound appreciation of the beauty and power that resides in nature – and hopefully some new skills up their sleeves too!
- 5-day study trip to Reykjavík, Iceland
- From £495
- Highlights: Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, Kerið Volcano Crater, Skogafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Dyrhólaey, Reynisdrangar Rocks, Reykjavik Art Museum, National Gallery
- Overseas airport transfers and use of coach
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Northern Lights tour
- Harpa Concert Hall
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.