Music, Art & Design Trips To Tokyo
Visit Tokyo for an unforgettable study trip! With stunning landscapes, vibrant districts & inspiring museums, this is the ideal trip for creative students.
Educational trip to Tokyo
Tokyo’s art scene does not disappoint! Whether you’re looking for modern art exhibitions, ancient artefacts, quirky street art or something else entirely, you’ll find it all on a field trip to Tokyo. Even the scenery is enough to ignite that creative flame within your students! What are you waiting for? Get in touch with our team to start planning a once-in-a-lifetime study trip to Tokyo.
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Meet your tour guide outside of your accommodation and begin exploring! Get a feel for Tokyo and its unique buzz, then enjoy an evening meal at a local restaurant. It’s the perfect way to unwind before the trip really gets going!
- It’s time for an anime-packed day! In the morning, visit the Suginami Animation Museum and learn about the fascinating history of anime art. Once your group has had a go at their own anime drawings, spend some free time exploring the Akihabara area – the epicentre of anime and manga.
- Today is a busy one! Catch the bullet train to Hakone to enjoy views of the glorious Mount Fuji – the perfect stop for a quick watercolour session.
- Afterwards, visit the Hakone Open-Air Museum to admire stunning sculptures and works of art by Picasso, Taro Okamoto, Yasuo Mizui and many more.
- Once you’ve walked around this beautiful exhibition, put your feet up on a cruise across Lake Ashi. Encourage your students to capture their tranquil surroundings on camera or paper.
- For even more spectacular sights, visit the Mt Komagatake Ropeway. The colours here change each season and offer panoramic views across the lush landscape, which stretches on for miles.
- It’s been a tiring one, so relax on the bullet train back to Tokyo and enjoy a delicious local meal on your return.
- Enjoy some free time shopping and exploring Shibuya. This area is home to the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing, which most of your students will only have seen in photos until now!
- In the afternoon, visit the Imperial Palace Gardens for some quiet time sketching and strolling. End your day with a trip to the Tokyo National Museum, where your group can see various collections of artwork and preserved objects from across Asia.
- After breakfast, take a trip to the Mori Art Museum for a spot of modern art. This museum is ideal for those who enjoy less traditional artforms, such as architecture, video, fashion and design. While you’re there, soar up to the Roppongi Hills Observation Deck for breath-taking views of the sprawling metropolis below you!
- Stop for some lunch, then do some sightseeing in the Asakusa district. The colourful temples and bustling nature of this area are sure to spark inspiration in art, design and photography students alike!
- Explore the urban art scene this morning with a visit to the Harauki district. This trendy area is renowned for its street art and youth fashion, so it’s a must-see for creative classes!
- In the afternoon, treat your group with a visit to the National Art Centre. The building is an architectural spectacle in itself! Wonder around the wide-open spaces inside, which display ever-changing exhibits to enthral even the least creative of visitors.
- Cherish your last few hours in Tokyo with some more exploration and shopping, then catch your flight home. Your students will never forget their study trip to Tokyo, and you can be sure that they’ll be feeling a lot more inspired when they get back to the classroom!
- 7-day study trip to Tokyo, Japan
- From £1112
- Possible highlights: Akihabara area, Harajuki area, Tokyo National Museum, The National Art Centre, Mori Museum and Roppongi Hills, Suginami Animation Museum, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Mount Fuji, Lake Ashi
- Flights to Tokyo
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- Return airport transfers
- Tour guide every day
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Themed restaurant
- Robot show in Shinjuku
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
Make an enquiry...
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.