Visit must-see places for one of the best History trips to Rome, Italy! Plan a travel itinerary for your school trip to Rome – an unforgettable study trip.
Educational trip to Rome
Let your students uncover tales of long ago on a study trip to Rome! There’s a story to be found in every nook and cranny of this Italian city, whether you’re meandering through opulent streets or walking among ancient ruins. Rome is a place that pulls visitors in with its enchanting atmosphere and lavish past – could there be a better place for your History students to visit?
Your travel itinerary could look like...
- Launch into your itinerary and head straight to the Vatican, which will definitely leave a great first impression on your students! Here, you can take in the spectacular artwork inside the Sistine Chapel, gaze up at the incredible domed ceilings of St Peter’s Basilica and see the works of one of the greatest minds of all time at the Museum Leonardo Da Vinci Experience. Dip into the other museums in the area too – they won’t disappoint!
- Get to know Rome better with a hop-on hop-off bus tour in the morning, where you’ll learn more about the history of this ancient city.
- In the afternoon, visit The Historical Museum of the Liberation of Rome. Here, you’ll learn more about the Nazi occupation of the city in September 1943 – a lesser-known part of Rome’s past. Afterwards, travel back in time a few hundred centuries with a trip to Palatine Hill – the legendary founding place of Rome!
- Your students will be entertained today as they explore Rome’s gladiator past, visiting not only the Gladiator Museum, but also the famous Colosseum! After walking around this jaw-dropping wonder of the world, move onto the National Roman Museum for a trip down the ages into the Rome’s classical past.
- Make sure you leave some time to walk through the beautiful city one last time. Pick up a souvenir along the busy shopping streets, enjoy a scoop or three of gelato, then make the trip to the airport for your flight home. The tales of this city will stay with your students long after they’ve said goodbye!
- 4-day study trip to Rome, Italy
- From £289
- Highlights: Hop-on hop-off bus tour, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Palatine Hill, National Roman Museum, Gladiator Museum, The Historical Museum of the Liberation of Rome
- Overseas airport transfers and public transport
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Pre-departure teacher pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Free trip-leader place options
Why not add…
- Meal options
- Pompeii day trip
- Guided tour of EUR district
Why choose us?
- Fully accredited and financially protected
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff
- Regional Educational Development Execs to support all stages of the trip process
- Customer portal and app for when you’re on the move
- 24hr support
You're in safe hands when you book with us. Our Flexibility Promise means that you can still book for future study trips, while feeling reassured that we'll do our utmost to support you through any changing circumstances.